If You Can't Pay Your Corporation Tax On Time

New payment problems

If this is the first time you have had a payment problem, and you have not approached HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) already, please contact the Business Payment Support Service.

Getting in touch with the Business Payment Support Service is the most important action you should take. HMRC will consider your case on its own merits, taking your company or organisation's individual circumstances into account.

Business Payment Support Service

Ongoing payment problems or if you already have a payment arrangement with HMRC

If HMRC has already contacted you about an overdue payment or if you have a payment arrangement in place and are experiencing further difficulties, it's important that you call the office that contacted you.

As well as contacting HMRC if you can't pay your Corporation Tax, you should also:

File your Company Tax Return on time even if you can't pay the Corporation Tax due. If you don't file your return, you may be charged additional penalties.

Pay as much Corporation Tax as you can, even if you can't pay the full amount on time. This will reduce the amount of charges such as interest and penalties that are calculated on the amount of late Corporation Tax still outstanding.

We don't help our clients plan to pay tax, we help our clients plan how to mitigate their tax liabilities. Like all planning, early involvement is a hallmark of a successful outcome.