What is corporation tax

If you're told your business or company has arrears of Corporation Tax, PAYE Tax, NIC Tax or VAT Tax, you should always check the figures. Because the tax system is so complicated, it's not unusual for tax bills to be wrong. Ask for a breakdown of the figures if necessary. You should seek advice ASAP by calling us or applying for advice online.

Corporation Tax is a tax on the taxable profits of limited companies and some organisations including clubs, societies, associations, co-operatives, charities and other unincorporated bodies.

Taxable profits for Corporation Tax include:

  • profits from taxable income such as trading profits and investment profits (except dividend income which is taxed differently)
  • capital gains - known as 'chargeable gains' for Corporation Tax purposes

If your company or organisation is based in the UK, you'll have to pay Corporation Tax on all your taxable profits - wherever in the world those profits come from.

If your company isn't based in the UK but operates in the UK - for example through an office or branch (known to HMRC as a 'permanent establishment') - you'll only have to pay Corporation Tax on any taxable profits arising from your UK activities.

We offer the following services:

  • Advice on all business and HMRC Tax Problems
  • Advice to SMEs and business if they owe HMRC unmanageable amounts
  • Specialist Teams of advisors to help with VAT tax debts.
  • Guidance on HMRC Tax debts
  • Business and company VAT issues
  • Advice on managing time to pay arrangements to avoid HMRC penalties and charges.
  • Guidance on HMRC Tax collections
  • VAT debt advice
  • Advice on NIC Problems
  • Consultancy on repaying income tax debts
  • Help to pay UK income tax debt liabilities
  • Assistance on dealing with VAT NIC HMRC tax problems
  • Help with tax debts on all UK income tax debt problems
  • Tax debt help from tax debts experts
  • Tax problems solved within 24 hours
  • Tax problems solved by qualified advisers
  • Advice on all HMRC income tax debt VAT and self assessment problems.

Whether you owe 100 or 10,000, the first thing you should do is try to find possible sources to get advice. Please call us or apply online for advice on hmrc income tax debt VAT and company self assessment problems.