What to do if you can't pay corporation tax

At times you may struggle to pay your company or organisation's Corporation Tax. If you think you won't be able to pay your Corporation Tax on time, it's important that you contact HM Revenue & Customs right away.

HM Revenue & Customs' (HMRC's) Business Payment Support Service is designed to meet the needs of all businesses and individuals who are experiencing difficulties in paying the tax due in full and on time.

Please note: this service is for customers who are aware that they maybe unable to pay the payment due in full before the payment deadline.

If you have already received a demand or a letter warning of legal action you must immediately contact the HMRC office that issued it. You will find the contact details on the correspondence or demand.

New payment problems

If this is the first time you have had a payment problem, and you have not approached HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) already, please contact the Business Payment Support Service.

Getting in touch with the Business Payment Support Service is the most important action you should take. HMRC will consider your case on its own merits, taking your company or organisation's individual circumstances into account.

Ongoing payment problems or if you already have a payment arrangement with HMRC

If HMRC has already contacted you about an overdue payment or if you have a payment arrangement in place and are experiencing further difficulties, it's important that you call the office that contacted you.

SMEs, businesses and companies in the UK are increasingly falling prey to corporation tax debt and are turning to our advice teams for assistance .We offer a range of solutions tailored to the tax needs of small business and companies. Contact us online using our online tax enquiry form or alternatively call us today.